Intended Use: intended for the collection and transport of clinical specimens including viruses and chlamydiae, mycoplasma or ureaplasma from the collection site to the testing laboratory from the collection site to the testing laboratory.
Main structure: The main components of transport medium are DMEM (Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle Medium), BSA (Bovine serum albumin) fraction 7.5%, Kanamycine sulphate, Ciproflosaxin hydrochloric, NaHCO3 (Sodium Bicarbonate), Hepes, Ampho-tericine B, etc.
+ Materials Provided: Each vial contains the volume of VTM as stated on the label. Materials +
+ Not Provided: Collection devices or swabs, materials or devices for the identification of viruses.
Instruction for use :
Due to the hazardous nature of patient specimens, all standard
laboratory safety procedures should be observed during all phases of collection.
- After collecting the specimen, unscrew and remove the cap from the VTM vial, taking care not to spill the medium.
- Insert the swab into the vials until the swab breakpoint (if present) is level with the vial opening.
- Bend and break the swab at the breakpoint holding the vial away from your face. If the swab does not have a breakpoint, cut the excess shaft and discard.
- Replace cap and tighten.
- Process the specimen contained in the VTM within 48 hours of collection, following local laboratory guidelines regarding transportation and storage temperatures.
– After collection, the specimen should be transported to the laboratory within 48 hours with recommended storage temperature of 2-8°C. The specimens should avoid repeated freezing and thawing..
– All biohazardous specimens and devices shall be disposed of in accordance with the relevant regulations and procedures and discarded in the designated collection containers.
Stability and Storage:
VTM has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture when stored at the refrigerator temperatures (2–8ºC). Alternatively, VTM can be stored at room temperature (2–25ºC) for up to 03 months. Do not freeze or overheat.+ Use before expiry date given on the product label.
+ Code : LB.VTM.3
+ Fill Volume: 1.5 ml, 3 ml or 5 ml
+ Unit: 50 vials/pk or 20 vials/ok